SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale this week:
- Nearly 1,000 Scarsdale residents came out to vote on the school district’s $148 million budget, with residents overwhelmingly approving the spending plan for the upcoming 2014-15 school year.
- The Scarsdale Adult School board welcomed new members and extended thanks and gratitude to departing members at its last meeting.
- Two Scarsdale students, eighth-grader Richard Xu and sixth-grader Eric Wei, recently competed in the National Mathcounts Competition at Disney World.
- The arrest of Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli on child pornography charges prompted Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) to launch a probe that resulted in the recent arrest of 71 people, including two from Westchester County, who allegedly shared child pornogrpahy on line, officials said.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 4 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites Scarsdale
- 5 Scarsdale Co-Ops Get $7.5 Million In Loans From National Cooperative Bank