SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale this week:
- Nearly 1,000 Scarsdale residents came out to vote on the school district’s $148 million budget, with residents overwhelmingly approving the spending plan for the upcoming 2014-15 school year.
- The Scarsdale Adult School board welcomed new members and extended thanks and gratitude to departing members at its last meeting.
- Two Scarsdale students, eighth-grader Richard Xu and sixth-grader Eric Wei, recently competed in the National Mathcounts Competition at Disney World.
- The arrest of Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli on child pornography charges prompted Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) to launch a probe that resulted in the recent arrest of 71 people, including two from Westchester County, who allegedly shared child pornogrpahy on line, officials said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Scarsdale
- 4 Scarsdale May Cease Loose Leaf Collection In 2015
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester