WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – As heat and humidity continue their grip on Westchester County, conditions will be favorable for strong thunderstorms to strike Tuesday afternoon and evening, according to the National Weather Service.
Those thunderstorms could be severe, producing heavy rain, gusty winds and small hail, the weather service said. The storms will be widely scattered and occur mainly after 2 p.m. The storm threat is expected to last through 2 a.m. Wednesday.
The high temperature Tuesday will approach 90 degrees with high levels of humidity. The chance of rain increases from 30 percent to 60 percent into the evening Tuesday.
Wednesday will be another hot day with a high temperature in the upper 80s or 90 degrees with a continued chance for more thunderstorms, mainly after 4 p.m. and through midnight.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Victim In DWI Crash Sues White Plains Bar
- 3 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million
- 5 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom