WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Construction on the new Tappan Zee Bridge resumed on Monday, March 31 as crews continued the installation of foundation piles.
The construction will result in the following lane closures along I-87 and I-287:
- Thursday, April 3, southbound, right lane near Exit 10, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 3 northbound, right lane near Exit 9, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, April 4 northbound, right lane near Exit 10, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Mariners should also be aware that Tappan Zee constructors will continue installing permanent piles in the vicinity of the side channels under the existing bridge, weather permitting. Additional temporary navigational lights have been installed to further define the 600-foot navigation channel under the main span. Both temporary and permanent piles are illuminated at night.
- 1 Scarsdale High School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Bomb Threat Not Seen As 'Credible' At Scarsdale High School
- 3 Students Return To Scarsdale HS, Dismissed Regularly, After Bomb Threat
- 4 Child Care Council Of Westchester Announces 2015 Champions for Children
- 5 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49