WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Construction on the new Tappan Zee Bridge resumed on Monday, March 31 as crews continued the installation of foundation piles.
The construction will result in the following lane closures along I-87 and I-287:
- Thursday, April 3, southbound, right lane near Exit 10, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 3 northbound, right lane near Exit 9, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, April 4 northbound, right lane near Exit 10, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Mariners should also be aware that Tappan Zee constructors will continue installing permanent piles in the vicinity of the side channels under the existing bridge, weather permitting. Additional temporary navigational lights have been installed to further define the 600-foot navigation channel under the main span. Both temporary and permanent piles are illuminated at night.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed