WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Construction on the new Tappan Zee Bridge resumed on Monday, March 31 as crews continued the installation of foundation piles.
The construction will result in the following lane closures along I-87 and I-287:
- Thursday, April 3, southbound, right lane near Exit 10, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 3 northbound, right lane near Exit 9, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, April 4 northbound, right lane near Exit 10, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Mariners should also be aware that Tappan Zee constructors will continue installing permanent piles in the vicinity of the side channels under the existing bridge, weather permitting. Additional temporary navigational lights have been installed to further define the 600-foot navigation channel under the main span. Both temporary and permanent piles are illuminated at night.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach