SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Boy Scouts of America Troop 2 at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Scarsdale conferred the rank of Eagle Scout on three of its members during a Court of Honor ceremony on Sunday, Feb. 2.
Keith and Kevin Hernandez of Eastchester, along with Michael Siciliano, a Scarsdale native, received their Eagle badges and neckerchiefs during the ceremony.
Scouts must fulfill specific requirements before gaining the prestigious Eagle rank. That includes earning a total of 21 merit badges, completing an approved service project, taking on a number of leadership roles within their troop along with other requirements.
The Hernandez brothers, freshmen at Westchester Community College, completed an outdoor cleanup project at the Greenburgh Nature Center in Scarsdale, while Siciliano, a student at the University of New Haven, participated in a similar project at the Weinberg Nature Center in Scarsdale.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview