SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Boy Scouts of America Troop 2 at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Scarsdale conferred the rank of Eagle Scout on three of its members during a Court of Honor ceremony on Sunday, Feb. 2.
Keith and Kevin Hernandez of Eastchester, along with Michael Siciliano, a Scarsdale native, received their Eagle badges and neckerchiefs during the ceremony.
Scouts must fulfill specific requirements before gaining the prestigious Eagle rank. That includes earning a total of 21 merit badges, completing an approved service project, taking on a number of leadership roles within their troop along with other requirements.
The Hernandez brothers, freshmen at Westchester Community College, completed an outdoor cleanup project at the Greenburgh Nature Center in Scarsdale, while Siciliano, a student at the University of New Haven, participated in a similar project at the Weinberg Nature Center in Scarsdale.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites Scarsdale
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 5 Scarsdale Co-Ops Get $7.5 Million In Loans From National Cooperative Bank