Update: GREENWICH, Conn. -- The crash scene has been cleared, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
Original story: GREENWICH, Conn. -- A three-vehicle crash on I-95 southbound is stopping traffic and causing delays from Exit 2 to the New York State line on Monday afternoon, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The accident was between Exit 3 for Arch Street and Exit 2 for Delavan Avenue. It was reported at about 3:15 p.m. Monday, DOT said.
The left lane is closed. Motorists should expect delays of up to 30 minutes in the area. The backup lasts for 3.3 miles and is growing, DOT said.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the accident scene.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three