SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale last week:
- The Village of Scarsdale began paving repairs along Mamaroneck Road from Crossway to Griffen Avenue on Monday, July 21.
- The Westchester County police officer who was struck by a motorist in Scarsdale over the weekend remains hospitalized and is facing a lengthy recovery before he can return to active duty.
- Having analyzed district needs to determine which capital projects should be made a priority, the Scarsdale Board of Education has proposed creating a collaborative learning space and new fitness center at the high school to improve achievement in the classroom and on the field.
- Three Democratic members of the Westchester County Board of Legislators have requested an audit of the county Board of Ethics .
- Motorists were advised that ongoing bridge work will close the northbound Bronx River Parkway starting on Friday, July 25 and continuing weekdays through Friday, Aug. 1 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains.