SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale last week:
- The Village of Scarsdale began paving repairs along Mamaroneck Road from Crossway to Griffen Avenue on Monday, July 21.
- The Westchester County police officer who was struck by a motorist in Scarsdale over the weekend remains hospitalized and is facing a lengthy recovery before he can return to active duty.
- Having analyzed district needs to determine which capital projects should be made a priority, the Scarsdale Board of Education has proposed creating a collaborative learning space and new fitness center at the high school to improve achievement in the classroom and on the field.
- Three Democratic members of the Westchester County Board of Legislators have requested an audit of the county Board of Ethics .
- Motorists were advised that ongoing bridge work will close the northbound Bronx River Parkway starting on Friday, July 25 and continuing weekdays through Friday, Aug. 1 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.