ARMONK, N.Y. – A truck driver charged with leaving the scene of an accident where his rig was struck by car driven by Kerry Kennedy requested a trial during a court appearance Friday, according to a North Castle Court Clerk.
Rocco Scuiletti, 47, of Poughkeepsie, plead not guilty in early August. According to the North Castle Town Court, a date for Scuiletti’s trial will be decided on Monday, Sept 10. He has not hired a lawyer.
Police say that on July 13 Scuiletti’s tractor trailer was struck by Kerry Kennedy on Route 684 in Armonk and he failed to report the accident to authorities. Kennedy was arrested following the accident and charged with driving under the influence. After originally claiming that a seizure caused her erratic driving that morning, it was found that a generic prescription sleep aid was in Kennedy’s blood stream at the time of the crash.
Kennedy pleaded not guilty and is scheduled to reappear in North Castle Court on Tuesday, Sept. 11.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft