GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Two women sustained injuries after being struck by a motor vehicle while crossing Central Park Avenue in Hartsdale on Wednesday afternoon, according to a statement by Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner.
The incident, just north of the intersection of West Hartsdale Avenue, occurred at around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Feiner.
The women, ages 52 and 19, sufferedtrauma injuries and were treated at the scene by Greenburgh Police EMS and transported to the Westchester Medical Center, and are listed in stable condition, Feiner said.
A 25-year-old male driving a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, struck the women as they crossed the street but were not in a crosswalk, according to Feiner. The driver was not cited for any vehicle or traffic law violations.
The accident is currently under investigation by Greenburgh Police.
Greenburgh Police closed the roadway in the southbound direction in order for detectives to conduct an accident investigation in the immediate aftermath of the accident.
- 1 Westchester IHOP Locations Serve Free Pancakes For Donations To Hospitals
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Scarsdale
- 3 Scarsdale Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Explosion Blows Out Windows In Hartsdale Bagel Shop
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Scarsdale