GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Two women sustained injuries after being struck by a motor vehicle while crossing Central Park Avenue in Hartsdale on Wednesday afternoon, according to a statement by Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner.
The incident, just north of the intersection of West Hartsdale Avenue, occurred at around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Feiner.
The women, ages 52 and 19, sufferedtrauma injuries and were treated at the scene by Greenburgh Police EMS and transported to the Westchester Medical Center, and are listed in stable condition, Feiner said.
A 25-year-old male driving a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, struck the women as they crossed the street but were not in a crosswalk, according to Feiner. The driver was not cited for any vehicle or traffic law violations.
The accident is currently under investigation by Greenburgh Police.
Greenburgh Police closed the roadway in the southbound direction in order for detectives to conduct an accident investigation in the immediate aftermath of the accident.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Scarsdale Skies Sunday
- 2 Scarsdale Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 3 Scarsdale Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester