SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Drivers who use the Bronx River Parkway, will want to take note that beginning Friday at 10 p.m., portions of the northbound parkway will be closed in order make modifications to bridge joints to improve drainage.
This weekend's closures will be between the Sprain Brook Parkway and the Westchester County Center from 10 p.m., Friday, until 4 p.m. Sunday.
The work will require a total of four weekend directional closures of the Parkway when the weather cooperates.
The northbound closures this weekend will impact the following:
- There will be no access from the six-lane portion of the parkway to the four lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue all the way to White Plains.
- Northbound Bronx River Parkway will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road) at all times: Entrances from Paxton Ave, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leeward Drive will be open.
- All northbound traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway, re-entering the northbound Bronx River Parkway at Crane Road.
- The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
For additional information, contact Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at (914)-995-2555.
Full details on this project are available at www.westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.