WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Westchester County Airport started to receive flights again Tuesday night, the first time since flights into and out of the airport were canceled Sunday in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy.
An airport spokesperson said airlines have told airport officials “they are operating flights tomorrow,” but they may not be on a full schedule.
The airport had been open and operational during Sandy, airport officials said, but is now running on backup generators. Officials are hopeful the airport will be restored to full power Wednesday around 4 p.m.
There are four Delta flights coming into the airport Tuesday night. No flights will be departing Tuesday.
He said customers should check with their individual airline about the status of their flights.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates on Hurricane Sandy.
- 1 Cell Phone Violation Leads To Scarsdale Woman's DWI Charge
- 2 IRS Warns Scarsdale Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 New York Rangers' Kevin Klein To Attend Scarsdale Book Signing
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS