WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Westchester County Airport started to receive flights again Tuesday night, the first time since flights into and out of the airport were canceled Sunday in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy.
An airport spokesperson said airlines have told airport officials “they are operating flights tomorrow,” but they may not be on a full schedule.
The airport had been open and operational during Sandy, airport officials said, but is now running on backup generators. Officials are hopeful the airport will be restored to full power Wednesday around 4 p.m.
There are four Delta flights coming into the airport Tuesday night. No flights will be departing Tuesday.
He said customers should check with their individual airline about the status of their flights.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates on Hurricane Sandy.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 2 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 3 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Daughters Defend Edgemont Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash