WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Three Westchester roadways have reopened Tuesday morning after flooding resulted in overnight closures.
With a Flash Flood Watch issued by the National Weather Service extended through 6 a.m. Wednesday, there could be more closures later Tuesday with another round of heavy showers and thunderstorms expected in the afternoon and evening.
The following stretches of roadways were closed later Monday before reopening in time for Tuesday morning's commute:
* Saw Mill River Parkway, northbound between the Taconic State Parkway (Exit 26) and Bedford Rd (Exit 28), reported at 9:40 p.m.
* Saw Mill River Parkway, southbound between the Taconic State Parkway (Exit 26) and Route 100/Route9A/Saw Mill River Rd, reported at 9:40 p.m.
* Taconic State Parkway, northbound between Commerce Street and Stevens Avenue, reported at 8:05 p.m.
* Bronx River Parkway, northbound between Chatterton Avenue (Exit 21) and Westchester County Center Routes 100, 119 (Exit 22).
* Bronx River Parkway, southbound between Westchester County Center/Routes 100, 119 (Exit 22) and Chatterton Ave (Exit 21).
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Scarsdale
- 5 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College