SCARSDALE, N.Y. The following events are going on this week in Scarsdale:
- The Scarsdale Board of Education will present the preliminary 2012-2013 school budget to the public at its 8 p.m. meeting Monday at the school administration office at Scarsdale High School on Brewster Road. The budget will represent the combined efforts of the school board, Superintendent Michael Gill and his staff. The board will continue to seek community input before finalizing the budget in April. The budget goes before Scarsdale voters May 15.
- Tom Greenwald, author of "Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading," will talk about his book at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 7 at the Scarsdale Public Library. Greenwald also will sign copies of his book, which will be available for purchase. Register on the library website .
- Green Design Expo will host a talk, "Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material: It's Value Under LEED and Beyond," from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 7. The presentation will be by Glenn Kross of Cosentino North America, and will include a free lunch. Green Design Expo is at 640 Central Park Ave.
- Also this week, The Scarsdale League of Women Voters plans a candidate forum at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 8 at the Scarsdale Public Library. The event will feature candidates for three board of trustee seats. Incumbents Kay Eisenman and Jonathan Mark are running for re-election and David Lee is running for the seat being vacated by Richard Toder, who has served two terms. All three are supported by the Scarsdale Citizens Non-Partisan Party. The fourth candidate, Harry Reynolds, has withdrawn from the forum because of restrictions placed on what topics may be discussed.
- Saturday, March 10, the Scarsdale Public Library will host Parachute Playtime at 10:30 a.m. Tots and preschoolers enjoy the colors and the fun of crawling under, making circles and singing songs. Register on the library website .
- Also at the library Saturday, children can practice reading to a Dog from the Good Dog Foundation.
- "Wag Your Tale" gets under way at 3 p.m. Register on the library's website .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.