TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Many government offices and public entities have started to re-open as Scarsdale, Eastchester and Tuckahoe recover from Hurricane Sandy. Here’s a list of what’s open and what remains closed in the area on Wednesday.
The Village of Scarsdale
- The Scarsdale Post Office is open.
- Scarsdale Village Hall is open, though it is operating with a reduced staff.
- The Scarsdale Public Library is closed.
- The Scarsdale Union Free School District is closed.
- The Scarsdale Starbucks is open, with Wi-Fi.
- The Center@862 has canceled lounge hours.
The Town of Eastchester
- Lake Isle Country Club is open and serving as an emergency shelter.
- Town Hall is closed and Justice Court has been canceled.
- The Eastchester Public Library is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Eastchester Post Office is open.
- Garbage pick-up and recycling will resume.
- Eastchester schools remain closed.
The Village of Tuckahoe
- The Tuckahoe Post Office is open.
- Tuckahoe government offices are open.
- Tuckahoe Starbucks at Depot Square is open, with Wi-Fi.
- The Tuckahoe Public Library is open, with available Wi-Fi.
- The Tuckahoe Community Center is open.
- Garbage pick-up has resumed on its regular schedule.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery