TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Are you struggling to find gasoline or an Internet connection in Eastchester, Tuckahoe and Scarsdale in the wake of Hurricane Sandy? Here are several options:
Along Route 22, most gas stations have regained power and are serving the public. Mobil, on the Scarsdale-Eastchester town line, is open, as is the Getty station near Eastchester High School. Gulf, on the corner of Mill Road and White Plains Road, was very busy early Wednesday afternoon, with a line of cars nearly reaching the street.
The cheapest gas can be found at Mobil on the corner of Fisher Avenue and White Plains Road and Gulf on Hillside Place, both $3.95 a gallon.
Sunoco on the corner of Hall Place and White Plains Road is open for business, and Mobil on Marbledale Road in Tuckahoe is selling regular gas for $3.99.
Internet connections will prove more difficult to find. Starbucks in Tuckahoe has reopened, but has been packed throughout the day with residents charging devices and browsing the web. The Tuckahoe and Eastchester Public Libraries are both open, and have free Wi-Fi. In Scarsdale, the Starbucks on Popham Road is open, but similarly crowded.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors