EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Armand J. Pomponio, a longtime resident of Eastchester, died March 23. He was 87.
Pomponio was born Sept. 2, 1926, in Bronxville, to Andrew and Maria (Marrone) Pomponio. He was the owner of Charlie's Auto Body in Scarsdale until his retirement. He served in the United States Army and was discharged in 1946.
Pomponio is survived by his wife, Ruth A. Pomponio; and brother, John Pomponio. He was predeceased by his parents; first wife, Elizabeth "Betty" Pomponio; brothers, Angelo and Charles Pomponio; and sisters, Nora Giannotti and Fay Seney.
Calling hours are at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, March 27 at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. Eastchester. A funeral service will follow at 10 a.m. at the funeral home. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations in Pomponio's name may be made to Food Bank For Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Road, Elmsford, NY 10523.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In TV Interview
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester