EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Bernice I. Renald, formerly of Eastchester, died June 6. She was 96.
Renald was born July 11, 1916, in New York City, she lived most of her life in Westchester County. She received her BS in Biology from Hunter College in 1938, and her MA in Education from Manhattanville College in 1970. She was a 3rd grade educator, serving the Immaculate Heart of Mary School in Scarsdale for over 25 years.
Renald is survived by her daughter, Laura Purcell; son, Frank Renald; brother, Fred Meyer; son-in-law, John Purcell and their families.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 11 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Westchester Funeral Home, Inc., 190 Main St., Eastchester. Graveside service at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 12 at Ferncliff Cemetery, Hartsdale.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Renald's memory may be made to Tidewell Hospice, Inc. 5955 Rand Blvd., Sarasota FL 34238.
For more information, please visit www.westchesterfuneralhome.com.
- 1 Child Care Council Of Westchester Announces 2015 Champions for Children
- 2 Students Return To Scarsdale HS, Dismissed Regularly, After Bomb Threat
- 3 Things Settle Down After Scarsdale High School Bomb Threat
- 4 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 5 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation