SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Catherine Andrea Polera of Coral Springs, Fla., a longtime Scarsdale resident, died Dec. 15. She was 81.
She was born in St. Vito, Italy, in 1931. She married Vito Polera, and lived in Scarsdale, where they raised their children for most of their married life.
She is survived by seven of her nine children, 17 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Her surviving children and their spouses are Rosemarie and Anthony Abatino of White Plains; Anthony and Debra Polera of Boca Raton, Fla.; Diana and Thomas Savino of Purchase; Vito Polera and Julie Weeks of Coral Springs; John and Valerie Polera of Armonk; Michael and Patricia Polera of Poughquag; and Catherine Polera and Jennifer Young of Cold Spring, N.Y. In addition, Catherine Polera is survived by her sister Loretta Cerullo of Bayonne, N.J., and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband and sons Frank Polera and Salvatore Polera.
A memorial Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick’s Church in Armonk. Babione Funeral Home in Boca Raton, Fla., is in charge of arrangements.
In her memory, donations may be made to the Sandy Hook School Fund, c/o Newtown Savings Bank, 39 Main St., Newtown, CT 06470.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Scarsdale
- 5 Mattessi Joins Douglas Elliman Real Estate In Scarsdale