SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Edward J. Muto of Scarsdale died Jan. 4. He was 76.
Muto was born Dec. 15, 1937, in Riverdale; son of Catherine (Black) and Edward P. Muto. He attended Bronx schools and was a graduate of All Hollows High School. He was employed by the Fire Department of New York City (FDNY) and retired in 1976. He was self employed and the president of Supertrans NY, Inc. a Yonkers based school bus company that serves students from regional area schools including Horace Mann, Riverdale Country and Fieldston.
Muto is survived by his wife, Nydia; daughter, Nicole; stepson, Jonathan (Letty) Santos; three grandchildren; sister, Maryann Muto; and father in-law, Higinio Santana. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 7 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at the Monastery Church of the Sacred Heart. Interment will follow at the Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Scarsdale Must Prepare
- 4 First Snowfall Of Season In Scarsdale Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire