SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Edward J. Muto of Scarsdale died Jan. 4. He was 76.
Muto was born Dec. 15, 1937, in Riverdale; son of Catherine (Black) and Edward P. Muto. He attended Bronx schools and was a graduate of All Hollows High School. He was employed by the Fire Department of New York City (FDNY) and retired in 1976. He was self employed and the president of Supertrans NY, Inc. a Yonkers based school bus company that serves students from regional area schools including Horace Mann, Riverdale Country and Fieldston.
Muto is survived by his wife, Nydia; daughter, Nicole; stepson, Jonathan (Letty) Santos; three grandchildren; sister, Maryann Muto; and father in-law, Higinio Santana. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 7 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at the Monastery Church of the Sacred Heart. Interment will follow at the Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash