SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Ellen L. Frantz of Scarsdale died Dec. 20 with her family at her side. She was 70.
The daughter of Garnett and Madeline Schell, she was born May 18, 1942, in Trenton, N.J. Frantz taught kindergarten for 41 years, mostly at the Greenacres School in Scarsdale.
She was a member of Fox Meadow Tennis Club in Scarsdale and the Education Forum (TVCC) of Scarsdale. Frantz was an avid reader and advocate for environmental causes and animal welfare.
Frantz is survived by her husband of 43 years, Steven; a daughter, Amber (Jeff) Frantz-Rago; two sisters, Mary (Dick) Augsbach, of Airmont, N.Y., and Joan (Bert) Mount, of Birmingham, Mich.; numerous nieces and nephews.
A private service will be held Friday in the chapel at Ascension Cemetery in Airmont, N.Y. A memorial service will be held at 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, at Fox Meadow Tennis Club. Edwin L. Bennett Funeral Home in Scarsdale is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be sent to Best Friends Animal Society, 5001 Angel Canyon Road, Kanab, UT 84741.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Scarsdale Woman Charged With DWI On Taconic Parkway
- 3 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Scarsdale
- 5 Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries Near Scarsdale Border