SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Grace C. Vesper of Scarsdale died Jan. 1. She was 101.
Vesper was born Nov. 2, 1912, in Tuckahoe, to Vincent and Carmela Calandro. She was the first female insurance agent for The Hartford Insurance Company. She owned and operated Lewis Insurance Agency for many years.
Vesper is survived by her nephews, Frank Canino, James Calandro, Peter Criscuolo; and nieces, Carol Gristina, Susan Canino and Joanne Mrstik. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, R. William Vesper; sister, Edith Canino; and brother, Anthony Calandro.
Calling hours are Monday, Jan. 6 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Fred H. McGrath & Son Funeral Home, Bronxville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 1.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7 at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Scarsdale.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Jansen Hospice.
- 1 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby