GREENBURGH, N.Y. – Ruth E. Longo, a longtime Greenburgh resident, died Nov. 1. She was 88.
Longo was born in California Oct. 6, 1924, to Wallace and Eunice Goodwin. She worked as a preschool and kindergarten teacher at Our Lady of Fatima School in Scarsdale for 16 years. She married Joseph F. Longo in 1946. He died Aug. 30, 2003.
She is survived by four daughters, Maria Longo, of Stamford, Conn., Clare Longo, of Brooklyn, N.Y., Jean Madden, of Trumbull, Conn., and Janet Longo Abinanti, of Pleasantville; two sons, David Longo, of Yorktown Heights, and Stephen Longo, of Norwalk, Conn.; six grandchildren and two great-grandsons. She was predeceased by a grandson, Tommy.
A Mass of the resurrection was celebrated Monday at Holy Rosary Church in Hawthorne. Hawthorne Funeral Home handled arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society or Mercy Center, 377 E. 145 Street, Bronx, NY 10454.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash