SCARSDALE, N.Y. - Sallie Helen McNail Parnell, a Scarsdale resident, Aug 6. She was 91.
Parnell was born Oct 13, 1921, in Maxton, N.C. to Artemas and Bessie (Cain) McNair. She earned her master’s degree in teaching. She was an educator for the Tarrytown School System, retiring in 1986 after 25 years of service. She was a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, a member of the Food Pantry, a member of the United Methodist Women, and Church Women United.
Parnell is survived by her children, Helen Daniels and companion, Alvin Pulliam of Scarsdale, Artemas K Parnell of Columbia, Md., Mark C Parnell of Poughkeepsie, and George F Parnell (Barbara) of Spring Lake, N.J.; five grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Jasper; son, Jasper Parnell Jr.; two brothers, George McNair and Artemas McNail; and sisters, Jane McNair and Margaret Allen.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Memorial United Methodist Church 250 Bryant Ave., White Plains. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 10 at the church. Interment will follow at Kensico Cemetery.
Donations may be made to The Abbott House 100 North Broadway Irvington.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Victim In DWI Crash Sues White Plains Bar
- 3 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million
- 5 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom