Hudson Country Montessori School
340 Quaker Ridge Road
New Rochelle, NY
Hudson Country Montessori School promotes the executive functions that educators and business leaders emphasize for 21st century success. Here, education is a joyful experience of discovery, self-directed learning and collaboration. Students are exposed to physical and mental order, numerous hands-on learning opportunities with purposefully designed materials and engage in a framework in which intellectual and social discipline goes hand in hand.
What Makes Hudson Country Montessori School Special?
• We begin with a deep respect for the child as a unique individual. We work from a deep concern for his or her social and emotional development, because there is far more to education than mastering facts.
• Hudson Country Montessori School is a warm and supportive community of students, teachers, and parents. You can’t get lost in the crowd!
• We consistently teach our students to be kind and peaceful.
• Our classrooms are bright and exciting environments for learning
• At Hudson, learning is not focused on rote drill and memorization. Our goal is to develop students who really understand their schoolwork.
• Our students truly learn through hands-on experience, investigation and research. They become actively engaged in their studies and often exceed their own expectations for learning.
• Hudson is consciously designed to recognize and address different learning styles, helping students learn to study most effectively.
• We challenge and set high expectations for all students.
• Our students develop self-discipline and an internal sense of purpose and motivation. After graduation, they find these values really pay off in later life.
• Hudson Country Montessori School is an international school. Both our curriculum and student body reflect a global perspective.
• We instill in our students a love for the natural world. Ecological studies and outdoor education are an essential part of every student’s life at Hudson.
• Our curriculum is carefully structured and integrated to demonstrate the connections between the different subject areas. Every lesson teaches critical thinking, composition, and research.
• Our students become involved in the local community through age appropriate community service programs.
• Our teachers do more than teach. They also coach and mentor their students.
• Students are not afraid of making mistakes; they see mistakes as natural steps in the learning process.
• Our students learn to work together in daily activities and on larger projects. They not only strive for their personal best, they challenge each other to achieve more through respectful and often spirited collaboration.
Programs are available for children from 15 months through eighth grade with extended hours available, from 7:30 am to 6 pm.