SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A home on Continental Road in Scarsdale was broken into Friday a week after a Harvest Drive residence was burglarized, police report.
The homeowners returned at around 10 p.m. to find that a sliding glass door in the living room had been shattered and a screen door pushed in, according to the police report.
The intruder went through the house to the master bedroom and rummaged around a walk-in closet, police said. All other points of entry to the house remained locked. Officers canvassed the area and checked with neighbors for witnesses.
The homeowners told police they would give them a list of missing items.
Also on the Scarsdale police blotter from Nov. 26 to Dec. 3:
• A pedestrian was struck by a car Friday on Post Road. The driver was traveling north just past Mamaroneck Road when the pedestrian ran in front of his car, trying to cross the road without using a crosswalk. The victim was struck on her right hip and taken to White Plains Hospital.
• A truck pulled down low-hanging wires to a home on Walworth Avenue Friday and part of a gutter. The complainant said she reported the wires, but there was no resolution. Police said truck driver didn’t see the wires, and stopped once he realized he had hooked them.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust