SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A home on Continental Road in Scarsdale was broken into Friday a week after a Harvest Drive residence was burglarized, police report.
The homeowners returned at around 10 p.m. to find that a sliding glass door in the living room had been shattered and a screen door pushed in, according to the police report.
The intruder went through the house to the master bedroom and rummaged around a walk-in closet, police said. All other points of entry to the house remained locked. Officers canvassed the area and checked with neighbors for witnesses.
The homeowners told police they would give them a list of missing items.
Also on the Scarsdale police blotter from Nov. 26 to Dec. 3:
• A pedestrian was struck by a car Friday on Post Road. The driver was traveling north just past Mamaroneck Road when the pedestrian ran in front of his car, trying to cross the road without using a crosswalk. The victim was struck on her right hip and taken to White Plains Hospital.
• A truck pulled down low-hanging wires to a home on Walworth Avenue Friday and part of a gutter. The complainant said she reported the wires, but there was no resolution. Police said truck driver didn’t see the wires, and stopped once he realized he had hooked them.
- 1 Cell Phone Violation Leads To Scarsdale Woman's DWI Charge
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill