SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A box truck overturned while exiting the Hutchinson River Parkway near Weaver Street in Scarsdale on Sunday night, according to the Fire Department’s log.
Shortly after 8 p.m., fire personnel responded to the northbound lanes of the parkway, where they found the truck, which had rolled onto its side and landed on the traffic island at the intersection of Herkimer Road and Hutchinson Avenue.
The truck's motor was still running when emergency responders arrived and the transmission was in “drive,” though the lone occupant was able to exit the vehicle. One firefighter entered through the windshield and managed to turn the motor off, while others spread absorbent on fluid that had spilled.
Fire personnel waited at the scene for a tow truck to set the truck upright.
Also from the Scarsdale fire log from Oct. 15 to 22:
- Firefighters responded to a home on Cambridge Road Sunday morning after a caller complained about leaking water. They found that a steam boiler had overfilled and that water was leaking from radiators on the upper floor. The boiler was shut down and a garden hose was set up to drain water from the system until the heating service company could fix the problem.
- Shortly after midnight on Sunday morning, a Brewster Road resident complained that water was flowing into his basement. Firefighters found that the water was coming through the sewer cleanout after the sewer cap had dislodged due to age. The hot water heater and boiler were shut down and the gas feed was turned off. Fire personnel opened the sewer manhole and found that there was a flow problem. The Department of Public Works was notified and arrived to address the issue in the sewer line.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three