SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Several pieces of jewelry were taken from a Scarsdale home last week, according to a police report.
The Carthage Road residence was entered between 8:50 a.m. and 8:20 p.m. this past Wednesday, police said. The thief entered through the front door, which was unlocked, according to the complainant.
The intruder used a pillowcase from a bed to hold the contents of a jewelry box that was in a closet.
There were no signs of forced entry, and no workers were on the property during the time of the burglary. Police said neighbors didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.
Also from the Scarsdale police blotter for Feb. 4 through Feb. 11:
A Montrose Road resident reported Saturday that more than $3,000 was stolen from his residence. The theft occurred between Jan. 28 and Feb. 9 when the man was away.
- 1 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites Scarsdale
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Charged With Burglary
- 4 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens