SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Several pieces of jewelry were taken from a Scarsdale home last week, according to a police report.
The Carthage Road residence was entered between 8:50 a.m. and 8:20 p.m. this past Wednesday, police said. The thief entered through the front door, which was unlocked, according to the complainant.
The intruder used a pillowcase from a bed to hold the contents of a jewelry box that was in a closet.
There were no signs of forced entry, and no workers were on the property during the time of the burglary. Police said neighbors didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.
Also from the Scarsdale police blotter for Feb. 4 through Feb. 11:
A Montrose Road resident reported Saturday that more than $3,000 was stolen from his residence. The theft occurred between Jan. 28 and Feb. 9 when the man was away.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA