SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A Scarsdale home was burglarized Friday night while the family was out to dinner with neighbors.
Officers responded to the Mohican Trail home shortly after 8:30 p.m., when a window was broken and a burglar alarm sounded, according to the police report. Upon arriving, officers saw that a rear sliding glass door had been shattered and called for backup.
Officers established a perimeter around the home and searched inside, failing to find any suspects. There were several open drawers in the master bedroom, and there were “clear signs of rummaging,” according to the report.
Police found pry marks on the corner of the sliding glass door and there was broken glass in the entrance way to the kitchen, suggesting that it had been pushed inward from the outside. There were no footprints inside or outside of the house.
When the homeowners arrived home from dinner, they walked through the residence with officers. According to the report, $10 in cash and three watches with an unknown value were taken from the nightstand in the bedroom.
Also from the Scarsdale police blotter:
• A Cornell Street resident reported that her car was broken into Saturday afternoon. According to the report, the vehicle was parked in the driveway in front of the woman's home at 9 p.m. Friday night, and the break-in was discovered at 11:30 a.m. the next morning. There was an iPod missing from the center console, along with $20 in quarters and several CDs. The glove box was open and had been rifled through. The suspect also took a pair of shoes, valued at $150. The report says that the vehicle was likely unlocked, and there were no signs of tampering with door locks.
• Scarsdale police responded to a car accident on Eastwoods Lane on Saturday morning after a moving truck backed into a 2004 Infiniti. The car was parked in front of a residence and unoccupied when the truck accidentally struck the rear passenger side of the vehicle. When officers checked the truck's registration, it was found to be suspended and uninsured. The driver’s Washington State license had also been canceled. The license plates were removed from the vehicle and officers issued summonses for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration and operating a motor vehicle without a license.
- 1 Scarsdale Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Scarsdale
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Mattessi Joins Douglas Elliman Real Estate In Scarsdale
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued