SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- A family's dogs alerted the residents of a Scarsdale home early Monday morning after a MINI Cooper caught fire in their driveway and saved their home from major damage, according to News 12.
The dogs woke the owners of 59 Crane Road, who then called 911. The car was completely engulfed in flames when fire crews arrived, according to the report.
The fire moderately damaged the home's exterior, but the dogs' alert likely saved the home, according to the report.
The cause of fire is reportedly not considered suspicious.
- 1 Scarsdale High School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- 2 Bomb Threat Not Seen As 'Credible' At Scarsdale High School
- 3 Child Care Council Of Westchester Announces 2015 Champions for Children
- 4 Students Return To Scarsdale HS, Dismissed Regularly, After Bomb Threat
- 5 Eastchester Fire Leaves 11 Out In The Cold