WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – The boat driver who crashed into a barge near the Tappan Zee Bridge last year, killing a bride-to-be and her fiancé’s best man days before the wedding, pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter on Monday reports WABC Channel 7 News.
Jojo John, 35, was driving the powerboat July 26, 2013 when it hit a stationary barge used in the construction of the new bridge. Lindsey Stewart and Mark Lennon drowned after being thrown into the water.
John and his surviving passengers claimed the barge wasn’t properly lit and could not be seen.
The district attorney said John had almost double the legal amount of alcohol and traces of cocaine in his system. He is expected to be sentenced to two years in prison, one year for each death, according to the report.
- 1 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Things Settle Down After Scarsdale High School Bomb Threat
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Scarsdale
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Scarsdale Native Robert Durst Now Linked To Missing Woman Cold Case