Contact Us
Scarsdale Daily Voice serves Hartsdale & Scarsdale
Return to your home site


Scarsdale Daily Voice serves Hartsdale & Scarsdale

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Fire Forces Scarsdale Family From Home

The Scarsdale Fire Department.
The Scarsdale Fire Department. Photo Credit: File

SCARSDALE, N.Y. - First responders were dispatched to a Berwick Road residence in Scarsdale on Sunday morning when an electrical fire broke out in the basement of the home.

Shortly after midnight, police and fire crews were dispatched along with members of Con Edison and the Scarsdale Volunteer Ambulance Corp. to Berwick Road, where there were reports of a potential fire at the residence.

Upon arrival, police said that it was confirmed that there was an active electrical fire in the basement ceiling. Officers swept the house to ensure the residents had been removed, power was cut by Con Ed and firefighters eventually had the fire knocked down.

Police said that the cause of the fire was ultimately determined to be faulty wiring. Due to the damage caused by the fire, the residents were forced to stay in a hotel in White Plains. No injuries were reported. It was not immediately clear if or when the family would be able to return home.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Scarsdale Daily Voice!

Serves Hartsdale & Scarsdale

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.