WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Amanda Iles, a former teacher at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, pleaded guilty Tuesday to raping a 14 year-old-boy, a former student, according to the District Attorney's office.
The former Eastchester resident will be sentenced on May 27.
According to the district attorney's office, she will be facing six months in prison, followed by 10-years of sex offender probation. Iles must register as a sex offender.
According to New York State law, Iles’ assigned sex-offender classification will determine if she will be listed in a public state directory.
Iles engaged in sexual encounters with the boy in Eastchester between June 11 and July 14, 2013, the DA said.
She reportedly knew the boy was a student at the school, said officials. When the boy's parents became aware of the encounters, they contacted Yonkers police.
Check back with the Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Scarsdale Woman Charged With DWI On Taconic Parkway
- 3 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Scarsdale
- 5 Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries Near Scarsdale Border