WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Two men were each charged with cocaine and methamphetamine possession after White Plains police said they saw the pair snorting cocaine in a car parked on 25 Waller Ave.
Officers asked the Scarsdale man, 21, and the Orange County man, 23, to get out of the car they were sitting in early Saturday morning, police said. As the Orange County man exited the car, he dropped a small Ziploc bag with what police believed to be cocaine on the ground, according to the police report. The suspect and police both tried to retrieve it, causing a brief struggle that ended when police handcuffed him, police said.
The Scarsdale man told police he didn’t have any drugs, police said, but a search revealed a small Ziploc bag with crystal methamphetamine was in his jacket pocket. At headquarters, police said they found another Ziploc bag with crystal methamphetamine in his inner jacket pocket.
Both men were arrested and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and first-degree loitering, both misdemeanors. The Orange County man was also charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.
The driver of the car also consented to a search but had no drugs. He was allowed to leave without incident.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Scarsdale On Wednesday
- 5 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway