SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A shop owner told police an employee of the Scarsdale Yoga Studio on Popham Road struck him when he complained about patrons and employees using parking spaces.
The studio employee said he tried to speak with the man but “couldn’t do so reasonably, as [he] was in a highly agitated state,” the report said.
According to police, the employee asked the man to stop using foul language and step outside away from customers. While outside, the employee allegedly shoved the man after he kept approaching and wouldn’t back away, the report said.
The report said the man claimed he was punched in the head, though there were no signs of bruising or redness where he said he was struck. The shop owner refused medical attention.
A surveillance video could not be viewed due to technical issues. Officers advised the shop owner to stay clear of the Scarsdale Yoga Studio.
Also from the Scarsdale Police blotter:
- An eZip electric bicycle was stolen from a bike rack in front of Chase Bank on East Parkway, the owner, a resident of Wilmot Circle, reported to police on Friday. The bike was secured, along with his helmet, by a black plastic-covered chain and combination lock. The victim provided officers with a brochure, photo and receipt for the bike to aid their search.
- A Ferncliff Road resident was notified Thursday by Barkley Bank that an Apple credit card was opened in her name two weeks ago in New York City and an Apple computer purchased on the same date. The account was promptly closed and all three major credit-reporting agencies were notified.
- A doctor reported on Thursday that a suspect entered her Harwood Court office and took a yellow shopping bag with 20 wrapped toys and a $100 bank check between 7:45 and 8:15 p.m. on Dec. 4. The office was left unlocked at the time so patients could enter and exit the suite. The physician spoke with the Scarsdale Improvement Corp. about viewing video surveillance cameras in the lobby.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 2 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery
- 3 Snow Could Return To Scarsdale For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed