SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A burglar dragged a safe containing a $25,000 diamond ring and a $5,000 diamond necklace from a Scarsdale home, police said.
The burglar broke a window in the back of the Meadow Road property on Thursday, and gained access to the home by unlocking a rear sliding glass door. He ransacked several rooms before making his way to the master bedroom.
According to police, the suspect took a safe that contained a $25,000 diamond engagement ring, $5,000 diamond necklace and personal documents. There were scratches and marks on the hardwood floor, indicating it had been dragged down the stairs and through the unlocked sliding door. There were also scratches on the rear patio.
In addition to the safe, a Chanel purse and Cartier watch were taken from a hallway closet. The resident was unsure if other items had been stolen and is working on a complete report, police said.
The owner was able to supply police with a surveillance video from inside the house.
Also from the Scarsdale police blotter for Feb. 18 through 25:
- Police responded to a burglary alarm at a Brookby Road residence on Thursday. According to the report, a rear door had been kicked in and broken off its frame, giving the suspect access to two tool rooms. The burglary occurred between 9:55 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. while the homeowner was at a function at the Scarsdale Women’s Club. Nothing was found to be out of place.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Scarsdale Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Scarsdale Enters State Of Emergency As Snow Steadily Falls
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency