SCARSDALE, N.Y. – There were two car accidents on the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway on Dec. 15 that required assistance from Scarsdale firefighters.
According to the fire log, the first accident took place a little before 10 a.m. near the Mamaroneck Avenue exit. One vehicle was overturned, and landed on its left side in the middle of lanes of traffic.
Scarsdale firefighters extricated the driver through the passenger’s side door and waited for a tow truck to remove the vehicle. After the car was taken away, fire personnel removed debris from the roadway and spread a drying material on spilled fluids.
Approximately three hours later, at 12:45 p.m., there was a two-car accident. The vehicles were moved off the parkway onto Hutchinson Avenue by Westchester County police. The occupants of the vehicle were evaluated by the Scarsdale Volunteer Ambulance Corps. while Scarsdale fire personnel helped with traffic control until the ambulance left the scene.
The New Rochelle Fire Department responded to the accident and released Scarsdale units.
Also on the Scarsdale fire log from Dec. 10 through Dec. 17:
- On Dec. 12, there was a gas leak on Brewster Avenue, and Scarsdale fire units were needed to gain entrance to the location. The leak was in sanitary sewers, which were vented by the gas technician. Firefighters found minor gas readings in the house and sealed the trap before turning over the scene to Con Edison.
- A car jumped the curb and struck the rear window of 2 Spencer Place shortly after 2 p.m. on Dec. 12. There was extensive damage to the vehicle from the accident, and the building had a shattered plate glass window, broken brick façade and damage to the window frame and support system. Scarsdale firefighters disconnected the battery and assisted a tow truck removing the vehicle.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors