SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Due to the prolonged power outages the village is facing, the Scarsdale Fire Department has issued a warning to residents advising them to be extra cautious when utilizing candles and generators.
Candles never should be left unattended and should be extinguished before leaving rooms and going to sleep. Candles ought to be placed on sturdy, non-combustible surfaces and combustible items should not be placed near flames.
Residents are advised to remember generators create carbon monoxide when running. Generators should be placed outside of residences in well-ventilated areas. Licensed electricians should be the only people to connect generators to main electrical panels. When connecting electronics, lights or appliances to portable generators, be sure to use extension cords of adequate size and capacity.
All fire department business phone lines still are down due to the storm. Emergencies should be reported to 911 or the department’s emergency number at 722-1217. Non-emergency storm-related issues should be reported to the Scarsdale Emergency Operation Center at 722-1150 between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. After hours. non-emergency issues can be reported to the police department at 722-1200.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 White Plains Man, 31, Who Died In Apparent Drowning ID'd
- 3 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Is Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital