SCARSDALE, N.Y. Scarsdale firefighters had to cut a driver out of his car Wednesday after responding to a one-vehicle accident on Saxon Woods Road, fire officials said.
The accident occurred shortly before 8 p.m. Firefighters responded to the scene to find an overturned car on the shoulder, with the driver still in his seat with his seatbelt buckled. Two other occupants managed to escape the vehicle without major injuries.
Firefighters used a hydraulic tool, commonly known as the Jaws of Life, to cut the passenger door to gain access to the driver, who was complaining of neck and back pain. They assisted the Scarsdale Volunteer Ambulance Corps in placing a Kendrick Extrication Device on the victim. All three occupants of the vehicle were sent to the hospital.
Also on the Scarsdale fire log from June 4 to June 11:
Stuck child: On Thursday, a small child got his legs stuck between two of the bedrails of his crib on Brewster Road. The childs legs were slightly swollen, which prevented them from sliding back out of the rails. One firefighter lifted the child while a police officer maintained control of his legs. A second firefighter spread apart the bedrails of the crib with an officers tool. The pressure of the tool broke one of the rails of the crib, allowing the child be freed from the crib.
Propane leak: A resident on Walworth Avenue had trouble turning off the propane on his barbecue Thursday morning. Fire personnel found that the tank was fully opened, had a slow leak and was not properly secured. Firefighters shut off the gas at the bottle and secured the propane bottle to the grill frame. They advised the resident on proper propane procedures and how to correctly attach the bottle.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.