SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Fire personnel were dispatched to Fenimore Road shortly before 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in response to a resident's report of smoke coming from a neighbor's basement and a smoke detector going off.
Upon arrival, Scarsdale firefighters found no fire. They vented the house and alerted Scarsdale police officers that traffic assistance was needed on the road.
Also on from Scarsdale fire log from Oct. 1 through Oct. 9:
- Firefighters were called to Taunton Road Sunday afternoon when a resident had a problem with a light switch. It was reported that a dining room dimmer light switch electronically arced. Firefighters isolated the switch, and capped the wire ends with electrical tape. No circuits in the electrical panel were tripped, nor was the area warm. Using a thermal imaging camera, firefighters found no heat signatures surrounding the switch or dining room walls.
- Scarsdale fire and Westchester County police responded to the Saxon Woods Golf Course on Mamaroneck Road on Saturday when it was reported that someone was stuck in the mud up to his knees on the eighth hole. While they were searching for the golfer, the staff at the course reported that the man had extricated himself and was on his way home, unhurt.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Scarsdale Skies Sunday
- 2 Scarsdale Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 3 Scarsdale Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester