SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- A Scarsdale man was the victim of a computer-hacking scheme recently, when he allowed a caller remote access to his machine, according to scarsdale10583.com.
The victim received a phone call from a man who claimed his version of Windows was out of date and guided him through a series of steps so the caller could gain remote access. When the caller asked for the victim's credit card he refused, scarsdale10583.com reported.
The caller then became angry and began deleting icons from the victims computer. The victim was able to disconnect his computer before the hacker was done, scarsdale10583.com said.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Scarsdale On Wednesday