SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- A Scarsdale man was the victim of a computer-hacking scheme recently, when he allowed a caller remote access to his machine, according to scarsdale10583.com.
The victim received a phone call from a man who claimed his version of Windows was out of date and guided him through a series of steps so the caller could gain remote access. When the caller asked for the victim's credit card he refused, scarsdale10583.com reported.
The caller then became angry and began deleting icons from the victims computer. The victim was able to disconnect his computer before the hacker was done, scarsdale10583.com said.
- 1 Cell Phone Violation Leads To Scarsdale Woman's DWI Charge
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Scarsdale
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations