SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- A Scarsdale man was the victim of a computer-hacking scheme recently, when he allowed a caller remote access to his machine, according to scarsdale10583.com.
The victim received a phone call from a man who claimed his version of Windows was out of date and guided him through a series of steps so the caller could gain remote access. When the caller asked for the victim's credit card he refused, scarsdale10583.com reported.
The caller then became angry and began deleting icons from the victims computer. The victim was able to disconnect his computer before the hacker was done, scarsdale10583.com said.
- 1 Scarsdale Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History