SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Police Department recently added a prescription drug disposal unit at police headquarters.
The new unit allows the public to safely dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications. The Drug Disposal Unit is on the second floor of the Police Headquarters lobby, and can be accessed by elevator.
"By participating in this program, residents will be making sure their unwanted pills and medication don’t end up in a landfill or water supply," police said in a release. "They will also be removing medication that could be abused, such as pain-killers, from their homes."
Accepted items include prescription and over-the-counter medication, medication samples, vitamins, veterinary medications, narcotics and liquid medications.
Items not accepted include syringes, thermometers, IV bags, bloody or infectious waste, personal care products, hydrogen peroxide, empty containers and inhalers.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Scarsdale Skies Sunday
- 2 Scarsdale Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale