SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Police Department recently added a prescription drug disposal unit at police headquarters.
The new unit allows the public to safely dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications. The Drug Disposal Unit is on the second floor of the Police Headquarters lobby, and can be accessed by elevator.
"By participating in this program, residents will be making sure their unwanted pills and medication don’t end up in a landfill or water supply," police said in a release. "They will also be removing medication that could be abused, such as pain-killers, from their homes."
Accepted items include prescription and over-the-counter medication, medication samples, vitamins, veterinary medications, narcotics and liquid medications.
Items not accepted include syringes, thermometers, IV bags, bloody or infectious waste, personal care products, hydrogen peroxide, empty containers and inhalers.
- 1 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby