SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Police Department recently added a prescription drug disposal unit at police headquarters.
The new unit allows the public to safely dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications. The Drug Disposal Unit is on the second floor of the Police Headquarters lobby, and can be accessed by elevator.
"By participating in this program, residents will be making sure their unwanted pills and medication don’t end up in a landfill or water supply," police said in a release. "They will also be removing medication that could be abused, such as pain-killers, from their homes."
Accepted items include prescription and over-the-counter medication, medication samples, vitamins, veterinary medications, narcotics and liquid medications.
Items not accepted include syringes, thermometers, IV bags, bloody or infectious waste, personal care products, hydrogen peroxide, empty containers and inhalers.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Greenburgh Crash ID'd
- 3 Scarsdale Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 State Police Warn Scarsdale Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Scarsdale