SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Police Department recently added a prescription drug disposal unit at police headquarters.
The new unit allows the public to safely dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications. The Drug Disposal Unit is on the second floor of the Police Headquarters lobby, and can be accessed by elevator.
"By participating in this program, residents will be making sure their unwanted pills and medication don’t end up in a landfill or water supply," police said in a release. "They will also be removing medication that could be abused, such as pain-killers, from their homes."
Accepted items include prescription and over-the-counter medication, medication samples, vitamins, veterinary medications, narcotics and liquid medications.
Items not accepted include syringes, thermometers, IV bags, bloody or infectious waste, personal care products, hydrogen peroxide, empty containers and inhalers.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Scarsdale
- 5 Mattessi Joins Douglas Elliman Real Estate In Scarsdale