SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Police Department recently added a prescription drug disposal unit at police headquarters.
The new unit allows the public to safely dispose of prescription and over-the-counter medications. The Drug Disposal Unit is on the second floor of the Police Headquarters lobby, and can be accessed by elevator.
"By participating in this program, residents will be making sure their unwanted pills and medication don’t end up in a landfill or water supply," police said in a release. "They will also be removing medication that could be abused, such as pain-killers, from their homes."
Accepted items include prescription and over-the-counter medication, medication samples, vitamins, veterinary medications, narcotics and liquid medications.
Items not accepted include syringes, thermometers, IV bags, bloody or infectious waste, personal care products, hydrogen peroxide, empty containers and inhalers.
- 1 Scarsdale Woman Charged With DWI On Taconic Parkway
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries Near Scarsdale Border
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Scarsdale
- 5 Suspect Charged In Scarsdale 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery