SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A quick response to an alarm helped foil a burglary Friday night at an home on Carthage Road in Scarsdale.
Police received a report of a burglar-alarm activation on Carthage Road at 8:54 p.m., said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio. Patrol officers assigned to the area on burglary patrol arrived in 43 seconds, he said.
The officers saw that forced entry had been made and the residents were not home. After backup arrived, the officers went inside and found that an unsuccessful attempt had been made to remove a safe, which was still inside the home, Altizio said.
The incident is under investigation. Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the Carthage Road area between 8:30 and 9 p.m. should call the Scarsdale Police at 914-722-1200.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Greenburgh Crash ID'd
- 2 Scarsdale Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Scarsdale
- 4 Westchester IHOP Locations Serve Free Pancakes For Donations To Hospitals
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48