SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A quick response to an alarm helped foil a burglary Friday night at an home on Carthage Road in Scarsdale.
Police received a report of a burglar-alarm activation on Carthage Road at 8:54 p.m., said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio. Patrol officers assigned to the area on burglary patrol arrived in 43 seconds, he said.
The officers saw that forced entry had been made and the residents were not home. After backup arrived, the officers went inside and found that an unsuccessful attempt had been made to remove a safe, which was still inside the home, Altizio said.
The incident is under investigation. Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the Carthage Road area between 8:30 and 9 p.m. should call the Scarsdale Police at 914-722-1200.
- 1 Cell Phone Violation Leads To Scarsdale Woman's DWI Charge
- 2 IRS Warns Scarsdale Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 New York Rangers' Kevin Klein To Attend Scarsdale Book Signing
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS