SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A quick response to an alarm helped foil a burglary Friday night at an home on Carthage Road in Scarsdale.
Police received a report of a burglar-alarm activation on Carthage Road at 8:54 p.m., said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio. Patrol officers assigned to the area on burglary patrol arrived in 43 seconds, he said.
The officers saw that forced entry had been made and the residents were not home. After backup arrived, the officers went inside and found that an unsuccessful attempt had been made to remove a safe, which was still inside the home, Altizio said.
The incident is under investigation. Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the Carthage Road area between 8:30 and 9 p.m. should call the Scarsdale Police at 914-722-1200.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Victim In DWI Crash Sues White Plains Bar
- 4 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests