SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A quick response to an alarm helped foil a burglary Friday night at an home on Carthage Road in Scarsdale.
Police received a report of a burglar-alarm activation on Carthage Road at 8:54 p.m., said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio. Patrol officers assigned to the area on burglary patrol arrived in 43 seconds, he said.
The officers saw that forced entry had been made and the residents were not home. After backup arrived, the officers went inside and found that an unsuccessful attempt had been made to remove a safe, which was still inside the home, Altizio said.
The incident is under investigation. Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the Carthage Road area between 8:30 and 9 p.m. should call the Scarsdale Police at 914-722-1200.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Scarsdale Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Scarsdale Enters State Of Emergency As Snow Steadily Falls
- 5 Travel Ban Lifted In Westchester; Metro-North Service Resumes