SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A quick response to an alarm helped foil a burglary Friday night at an home on Carthage Road in Scarsdale.
Police received a report of a burglar-alarm activation on Carthage Road at 8:54 p.m., said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio. Patrol officers assigned to the area on burglary patrol arrived in 43 seconds, he said.
The officers saw that forced entry had been made and the residents were not home. After backup arrived, the officers went inside and found that an unsuccessful attempt had been made to remove a safe, which was still inside the home, Altizio said.
The incident is under investigation. Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the Carthage Road area between 8:30 and 9 p.m. should call the Scarsdale Police at 914-722-1200.
- 1 Bomb Threat Not Seen As 'Credible' At Scarsdale High School
- 2 Child Care Council Of Westchester Announces 2015 Champions for Children
- 3 Students Return To Scarsdale HS, Dismissed Regularly, After Bomb Threat
- 4 Things Settle Down After Scarsdale High School Bomb Threat
- 5 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items