According to the report, on Thursday, Aug. 28, a rear glass door was shattered to gain entry into the home on Springdale Road, setting off an alarm that alerted police to the burglary.
When they arrived at the Springdale Road home, police found that the door had been forcibly opened. Every other window and door was locked and undamaged at the location.
During their search of the home, police found that a safe inside a closet in the master bedroom was open and had been looted. According to the victim, several watches were stolen from the unlocked safe, and an envelope with $150 had been snatched from a bedroom drawer.
The investigation into the latest Scarsdale burglary is ongoing.
- 1 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 2 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby