EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Three men were charged with burglary in Eastchester on Friday after being apprehended by a pair of Scarsdale police officers on Garth Road, according to Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio.
At approximately 7 p.m., the Eastchester Police Department issued an alert for suspects that were observed by an off-duty officer burglarizing a residence and fleeing in a black Honda.
According to the report, a description of the vehicle and suspects was broadcast to Scarsdale police units. Two Scarsdale officers, on foot near the Popham Road Bridge, observed the car and notified Scarsdale Police Headquarters.
Additional units responded to the area and stopped the suspects on Garth Road near Harney Road in Eastchester. They were taken into custody by Scarsdale officers, held at the scene and turned over to the Eastchester Police Department.
Anderson Moncada, 24, of Brentwood, N.Y.; Juan Hernandez-Moncada, 29, of Elmhurst, N.Y. and Fabian Idarraga, 29, of Astoria, N.Y., were charged with burglary.
- 1 Scarsdale Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed