EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Three men were charged with burglary in Eastchester on Friday after being apprehended by a pair of Scarsdale police officers on Garth Road, according to Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio.
At approximately 7 p.m., the Eastchester Police Department issued an alert for suspects that were observed by an off-duty officer burglarizing a residence and fleeing in a black Honda.
According to the report, a description of the vehicle and suspects was broadcast to Scarsdale police units. Two Scarsdale officers, on foot near the Popham Road Bridge, observed the car and notified Scarsdale Police Headquarters.
Additional units responded to the area and stopped the suspects on Garth Road near Harney Road in Eastchester. They were taken into custody by Scarsdale officers, held at the scene and turned over to the Eastchester Police Department.
Anderson Moncada, 24, of Brentwood, N.Y.; Juan Hernandez-Moncada, 29, of Elmhurst, N.Y. and Fabian Idarraga, 29, of Astoria, N.Y., were charged with burglary.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Scarsdale
- 4 Scarsdale May Cease Loose Leaf Collection In 2015
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester