EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Three men were charged with burglary in Eastchester on Friday after being apprehended by a pair of Scarsdale police officers on Garth Road, according to Detective Lt. Thomas Altizio.
At approximately 7 p.m., the Eastchester Police Department issued an alert for suspects that were observed by an off-duty officer burglarizing a residence and fleeing in a black Honda.
According to the report, a description of the vehicle and suspects was broadcast to Scarsdale police units. Two Scarsdale officers, on foot near the Popham Road Bridge, observed the car and notified Scarsdale Police Headquarters.
Additional units responded to the area and stopped the suspects on Garth Road near Harney Road in Eastchester. They were taken into custody by Scarsdale officers, held at the scene and turned over to the Eastchester Police Department.
Anderson Moncada, 24, of Brentwood, N.Y.; Juan Hernandez-Moncada, 29, of Elmhurst, N.Y. and Fabian Idarraga, 29, of Astoria, N.Y., were charged with burglary.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Scarsdale
- 5 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College