SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The cars of several Scarsdale residents were looted in the village in recent days, with suspects making off with loose change and other items from unlocked vehicles, according to police reports.
On Sunday, a Sprague Road resident alerted police that his Honda Pilot had been entered the night before.. The car had been unlocked in his driveway and there was evidence that the glove box had been rifled through and several dollars in loose change were removed, police said.
Two more larcenies were reported to police on Feb. 1. A Wilmot Circle resident's handbag was removed from her vehicle the previous night containing cash and charge cards. No unauthorized purchases were made, but the victim’s bank cancelled both cards as a precaution.
According to the report, another car was illegally entered at Kids’ B.A.S.E on that day. The victim parked her car at the location and four hours later she found the back door had been opened. Four dollars were taken from inside a checkbook, which was found on the ground outside the vehicle. There were no signs of forced entry, and nearby cars were not entered..
Also on the Scarsdale Police blotter from Jan. 28 through Feb. 4:
- An aggressive dog led to a scuffle between a mailman and homeowner on Carthage Road on Friday. The dog attacked the mailman, who felt threatened enough to use pepper spray on the animal to subdue it. While continuing to deliver mail, the dog’s owner approached the mailman, pushing him to the ground during a verbal confrontation about the incident. The parties apologized, allowing police to clear the scene.
- A Honda Odyssey was stolen from a Carthage Road driveway on Jan. 31. The minivan, which was primarily used by the family’s nanny, was last seen that night at approximately 7 p.m. When the nanny showed up for work the next day, the vehicle was gone, though all keys were accounted for. Officers checked the driveway for evidence with no success. A 2012 BMW, which was also parked, remained untouched.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Scarsdale Fire Department Investigating Possible Propane Leak
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says