SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Scarsdale Police Department was hard at work all week in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, dealing with frayed nerves, downed wires and fallen trees while taping and re-taping dangerous sections of the village.
Officers responded to Crossway Road after a resident got in a heated argument with a Con Edison employee, according to police reports. The employee advised police to check the house after the resident verbally abused him.
The resident was frustrated over Con Edison’s response to the outage and was demanding better service, the report said. Police spoke to him at work over the phone and provided an update on when power should be restored to his area. Officers then advised that it would be more productive for residents to go through the department for future updates.
The following incidents were also reported on the Scarsdale police blotter from Oct. 29 through Nov. 5:
- On Saturday morning, a resident on Ferncliff Road reported that two suspects attempted to steal her generator in the wake of the storm, police said. The resident was in her house when she saw two vehicles idling in front of her house. The two men attempting to remove the generator fled the yard when she and her husband opened the door, police said. The generator was then moved to the backyard to make it less accessible.
Two White Birch Lane residents got into a heated argument after the storm broke off a large branch that landed in the other’s yard, police said. After the caller repeatedly asked his neighbor to vacate his property, police said the neighbor threatened to beat him up in a profanity-laced tirade. Police were called to document the incident, and the neighbor was charged with trespassing and harassment, both violations.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Long Island Man Found Drunk, Passed Out In Scarsdale Driveway, Police Say
- 3 Scarsdale Bank Robbery Among Latest Sparking Concern
- 4 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Vote Would Move FASNY School In Scarsdale To White Plains