SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A window pane on a Scarsdale home was shattered by a rock on Sunday morning, a police report said.
According to police, shortly before 1 a.m., a Woods Lane couple heard a loud bang near the front window of their home. At the time, neither noticed any damage to the window. After checking the window, the caller noticed a man walking away from the driveway and into a car that was parked on Southwoods Lane.
The next morning, upon further inspection, they found that one of the panes in the window had been shattered. There are no suspects at this time, but the resident was advised to speak with her son – who is in high school – to see if this was a school related incident.
Also on the Scarsdale police blotter from Oct. 8 through Oct. 15:
- On Sunday, a Kent Road resident told police that she received a letter from the Internal Revenue Service saying there was a problem with her tax return. After contacting the IRS, she found that she was the victim of identity theft and a second return had been filed using her Social Security number. The IRS is looking into the issue to determine whether any money had been paid out to the fraudulent account.
- A School Lane resident was reviewing his checking account information on Oct. 13 and found a debit for $2,450 from Western Union that hadn’t been authorized. According to the police report, he immediately closed the account and notified the internal fraud department at Bank of America. After alerting Western Union, the transfer was able to be cancelled before it was cashed.
- According to police, a resident on Johnson Road found his driver’s side mirror broken off on Oct. 13. The car was parked in front of his home overnight and he found the damage in the morning.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Scarsdale On Wednesday