SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A fender bender at the Scarsdale Pool Complex led to a driving while intoxicated charge for one village resident after police smelled alcohol on her breath while investigating the minor accident over the weekend.
According to a police report, Crane Road resident Alison Hasson, 39, was under the influence of alcohol when she backed her truck into a parked car on Saturday afternoon.
While responding to the incident shortly before 5 p.m., officers noted that Hasson’s “eyes were glassy and blood shot,” and could smell alcohol on her breath. According to the report, she also struggled to complete simple tasks such as providing her driver’s license and registration.
After taking field sobriety tests, Hasson took an alcosensor field-screening test that showed her blood alcohol content was .19, more than twice the legal limit. She was subsequently arrested and charged with misdemeanor counts of driving while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content greater than .08. She was also issued a summons for the fender bender.
Hasson was issued a ticket to appear at Scarsdale Village Court and released into the custody of her family. No one suffered any injuries in the initial accident.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach