SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A Scarsdale resident on Oneida Road told police Saturday that he found a pair of wallets and assorted pieces of jewelry in a paper bag on frozen Cayuga Pond, according to a police report.
Shortly before 6 p.m., the resident saw a white paper bag from Balducci’s Market lying on the frozen pond near the rear of his property, the report said. Using a canoe, he was able to break through the ice and retrieve the bag.
According to police, when he fetched the bag from the pond, he found two white metal watches, a yellow flower ring and two wallets. Officers removed the items from the wet, torn bag and secured the items at the police department, police said.
Also on the Scarsdale police blotter from Jan. 7 through Jan. 14:
- A Varian Lane resident was the victim of identity theft after an unauthorized charge of nearly $900 was discovered on his account, police said. The victim was looking at her Optum Health Bank credit card account on Thursday when she discovered a purchase that she said neither she nor her husband made on Jan. 4 for a total of $892.95. The bank closed the account and is investigating the incident, police said.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect In Armed Robbery At Scarsdale Dry Cleaners
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Police Seek Suspect In Scarsdale Dry Cleaner Robbery