HARRISON, N.Y. -- John Vescio, the New York State Police senior investigator who pulled an elderly from his wrecked car at a burning gas station in Harrison, will be honored at a special awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., after he was named August's Officer of the Month by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, according to a report by Lohud.com.
The awards ceremony will be held in May 2015, and he will be honored along with this year's other Officer of the Month honorees, according to the report.
To read to full report, click here.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Victim In DWI Crash Sues White Plains Bar
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 5 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom