WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New Castle Police issued a notification Sunday afternoon saying information developed during the overnight hours leading police to believe Saturday's wanted burglary suspect who launched a manhunt is no longer in New Castle.
The suspect is identified as a white male, 5-foot-8 and wearing camouflage shorts and a black T-shirt. Police announced Saturday, July 5 that he was wanted for burglary and that there is an arrest warrant, which is for out of state.
The initial search took place in the vicinity of the Taconic State Parkway and Campfire Road, according to police.
Reported sightings place him elsewhere Sunday, according to the police report. New York State Police are continuing their search for this individual.
Police ask the public to maintain a vigilant attitude while out and about Sunday. If you see a person matching this description even if you are not in New Castle, please call 911 to report any sightings.
The public is encouraged to report any suspicious persons or activity to New Castle Police at (914) 238-4422.
- 1 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Scarsdale Must Prepare
- 4 First Snowfall Of Season In Scarsdale Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire